Kerabu Timun is also known as the Spicy Cucumber Malaysian Salad. Just toss the salad with plenty of steamed rice and enjoy.
Time: 30 mins.
¼ cup dried shrimps, soaked in hot boiling water for a couple of minutes; rinsed and drained
1 tablespoon sambal belacan
3 shallots, peeled and sliced thinly
1 large cucumber
1 teaspoon sugar
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pound the drained shrimps in a mortar and pestle until completely smashed or coarsely chopped them on a large, clean cutting board; set them aside until ready to use.
- Now, using a vegetable peeler; peel the cucumber and cut it lengthwise into quarters; cutting off the strip of seeds completely.
- Cut the cucumber strips diagonally into ¼” thick slices.
- Now, in a large bowl; to draw out the juices from the cucumber; combine it salt and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Rinse and drain.
- Place the prepared dried shrimps together with cucumber, sambal belacan, shallots, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Squeeze the freshly squeezed lime juice on top of everything.
- Toss until evenly mixed.
- Transfer the contents to a small bowl; serve immediately with a lot of steamed rice
Originally posted 2021-05-08 21:08:12.