Black Pepper Crab Legs
This seafood dish is a favorite of many with an abundant amount of black-pepper, fresh herbs, soy and oyster sauce.
Time: 15 mins.
2 tbsp. butter
mud crabs (3, fresh, approximately 1 pound each); clean and cut in half; discarding the spongy fingers
2 garlic cloves, chopped very finely
Oil (for deep frying)
black pepper (2 tbsp., coarsely grounded)
curry leaves (1/2 cup)
prawns (2 tbsp., ground, dried and roasted)
soya beans (1 tbsp., salted, mashed)
2 shallots, sliced thinly
soy sauce (2 tbsp., black)
bird’s-eye chilies (10, red, chopped)
oyster sauce (2 tbsp.,)
sugar (3 tbsp.,)
1. Using a cleaver; smash the claws so that you can fill in the seasonings.
2. Deep fry the crab for a couple of minutes, until half-cooked; place them on paper towels to drain; set aside.
3. Over moderate heat in a wok; heat the butter until melted and then add in the garlic, shallots, salted soybeans, black pepper, dried prawns, chilies and curry leaves.
4. Sauté for a couple of minutes, until fragrant and then add in the crab and the leftover ingredients.
5. Cook until done, for 5 to 10 minutes.
Originally posted 2020-05-08 23:17:17.