Coconut and Chili Kerabu Salad
This amazing Coconut and Chili Kerabu Salad is the number 1 hit where the Asian cuisine is concerned. It’s light and refreshing!
Time: 20 mins.
2 ¼ cups bean sprouts
½ red chili, seeded and chopped finely
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
½ red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons shredded coconut
A small handful of mint leaves, chopped roughly
2 teaspoons sugar
4 tablespoons fish sauce
Juice of 2 limes, freshly squeezed
1” piece gingerroot, peeled, grated
- Whisk the lime juice together with fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the grated ginger root into the bowl; discard the fibrous bits and mix well.
- Scatter the onion on top of the dressing; mix well and set aside for a couple of minutes at room temperature.
- In the meantime, over med heat in a small skillet; toast the coconut until turns a lovely golden brown, for a couple of seconds, stirring continuously.
- Tip it onto a clean, large plate and set aside.
- For assembling: Add bean sprouts together with red pepper, red chili and mint to the onion mixture; toss evenly coated.
- Transfer the contents to a clean, large-sized serving bowl; scatter the roasted coconut on top. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 21:33:58.