Crispy Chinese Rice Paper Wrapped Fish
A perfect way to prepare your fish, crispy and irresistible.
Time: 30 mins.
pounds firm white fish fillets; cut into 2×1” wide pieces, approximately 16 pieces
15 to 18 rice paper rounds, 9 inch diameter
¼ cup coriander/cilantro leaves
to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
¾ teaspoon salt
- Mix Chinese five spice powder together with pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle with some of the spice mix then fill a large-sized bowl with the hot water.
- Dunk rice paper into the water for a few seconds and then transfer them to a clean counter.
- Top a sheet of rice paper with a serving of fish then top with 2 coriander leaves; roll up to enclose the fish with rice paper.
- Repeat these steps with the leftover fish. Over medium high heat in a large skillet; heat the oil.
- Work in batches and cook the fish until crispy and turn dark golden brown, for a minute or two.
- Turn and cook the other side as well.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Originally posted 2020-05-08 23:15:35.