A super rich and fragrant one pot meal.
Time: 40 mins.
2 large eggs, beaten lightly
3 tablespoons peanut oil
1 pound 2 ounces hokkien egg noodles
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon sambal oelek
3 Chinese sausages, steamed and diagonally sliced
7 ounces Chinese barbecue pork, sliced thinly
2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
A bunch of baby bok choy, leaves separated
2 bunches of garlic chives, snipped
4–5 fluid ounces chicken stock
2 cups bean sprouts, tails trimmed
Lemon wedges, fresh, to serve
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- Put the noodles in a heatproof, oven-safe bowl and fill the bowl with boiling water (enough to cover the noodles); let soak for a minute.
- Drain, rinse well and set aside until ready to use.
- Over high heat in a large wok; heat a tablespoon of oil; swirl to coat the bottom completely.
- Stir in the sambal oelek and garlic; cook until fragrant, for half a minute.
- Add in the Chinese sausage and barbecue pork; quickly stir-fry for a minute.
- Add in the bok choy; give everything a good stir-fry until it begins to wilt, for a minute or two.
- Add the noodles, bean sprouts, dark soy sauce and oyster sauce to the wok; stir-fry for 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Push the entire ingredients to one side of your wok and then add in the leftover oil; add the beaten egg.
- Give everything a good stir until the egg scrambles and begin to cook. Toss well until evenly combined with the other ingredients.
- Add the garlic chives and stock; stir until combined well.
- Let serve immediately with some fresh lemon wedges on the side and enjoy.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 22:29:32.