Kuih Dadar (Kuih Tayap) – Rolled crepe is filled with grated coconut and flavored with pandan juice. Tasty and nutritious.
Time: 20 mins.
For Pandan Juice:
3-4 tablespoons water
5 pandan leaves, chopped
For Crepe Batter:
1 large egg
3 tablespoon pandan juice
¼ teaspoon salt
10.5 ounces coconut milk
4.2 ounces flour
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3.1 ounces Gula Melaka (Malaysian palm sugar)
1.7 ounces water
1 pandan leaf, knotted
1 tablespoon sugar
½ grated coconut (only white part)
- Combine water and pandan leaf in an electronic blender; blend for a minute.
- Wrap the pandan in a muslin cloth or cheesecloth; strain through a fine sieve or squeeze to extract the juice as much as possible; set aside until ready to use.
- Sieve the flour in a large-sized mixing bowl.
- Make a well in the middle and crack an egg in it.
- Slowly stir in 3 tablespoons pandan juice and the salted coconut milk; set aside.
- Break up the palm sugar and mix it well with the pandan leaf, sugar and water in a pot.
- Cover and cook until sugar is completely dissolved, over medium heat.
- Strain the syrup and add it back to the pot.
- Add in the cornstarch and grated coconut; continue cooking for a couple of minutes; dish everything out into a large bowl.
- Now, over low heat in a lightly greased shallow frying pan.
- Pour approximately 2 tablespoons of the prepared batter in the middle; swirl the pan to coat it form a thin crepe.
- When done, transfer the cooked crepe onto a clean, large chopping board.
- Place 2 heaped teaspoons of the filling over the crepe and roll it up just like you do for a spring roll.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 22:45:07.