Malaysian Curried Prawns
This is an amazing Malaysian dish. Creamy curry with spice and filled with prawns.
Time: 20 mins.
24 prawns, large, peeled and deveined
1 tablespoon curry paste
4 garlic cloves, crushed
½ medium onion
1 can coconut milk
4 tablespoons dry white wine
¼ cup tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon flour
½ teaspoon ketchup
- Over moderate heat in a large saucepan; heat 1 tablespoon of butter until completely melted.
- Add and sauté the onion for a minute or two, until turn transparent.
- Add and sauté the garlic for a couple of minutes.
- Add flour; give everything a good stir until completely incorporated and then add in the ketchup; stir well.
- Slowly add in the coconut milk and stirring constantly. Whisk well until no lumps remain.
- Add tomatoes, curry paste and wine; stir well and let simmer for 10 to 15 more minutes.
- In the meantime; melt one more tablespoon of the butter in a skillet and sauté the prawns until turn deep pink in color (ensure you don’t overcook them).
- Add sauce and serve over noodles or rice.
Originally posted 2020-05-08 22:49:57.