Malaysian Fish Laksa
A tasty Malaysian curry dish, packed with noodles, seafood and vegetables.
Time: 35 mins.
11 ounces firm white fish fillet, boneless, cut into pieces (approximately 2 cm)
1 can lite coconut milk (14 ounce)
¼ cup laksa paste
3.1 ounces bean sprouts
1 tablespoon fish sauce
¼ cup fresh coriander leaves, firmly packed
2 kaffir lime leaves, remove the veins, shredded finely
¼ cup lime juice, fresh
4.4 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
1 fresh red chili, small, deseeded, sliced thinly
2 cups cold water
A pinch of salt
- Combine over medium heat in a large saucepan, coconut milk together with laksa paste and bring it to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish sauce, lime juice, lime leaves and water; cover and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the noodles in a medium-sized saucepan of boiling water until tender, for a couple of minutes. Drain well and evenly divide among four serving bowls.
- Add fish to the milk-coconut mixture and cook until the fish is just cooked through, for a minute.
- Taste and season with salt to taste.
- Evenly divide the bean sprouts among the serving bowls.
- Now, ladle the hot soup on top and sprinkle with chili and coriander.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 22:47:36.