Kailan is prepared with dark-green leafy vegetable. Enjoy this juicy stir-fried recipe with garlic infused in oyster sauce.
Time: 25 mins.
1 pound Chinese broccoli or washed kailan
2– 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced thinly
2– 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 carrot, medium or large, peeled and thinly sliced
- Prepare your steamer in advance.
- Till the time it’s heating up, don’t forget to remove the thick stems from the kailan and slice it into 1-inch thick pieces.
- Cut the leftover thinner leaves and stems into small, bite-size pieces.
- Cook the stems for a few minutes and then add in the leaves.
- Cook the thinly sliced carrots and stems together for a couple of minutes.
- Add the leftover leaves and cook for 5 more minutes, until everything is just tender, covered. Remove and set aside.
- Now, over moderate heat in a small skillet; heat up the soy sauce and sauté the mushrooms and garlic until most of the liquid is absorbed and the mushrooms are cooked, for a couple of minutes.
- Toss the entire veggies together with the garlic and mushrooms in a large serving dish or bowl. Taste and add the amount of seasoning to taste; feel free add a teaspoon or two more of soy sauce, if required.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 22:19:14.