Malaysian Spicy Fried Rice
Malaysian Spicy Fried Rice with green beans, dried shrimp, carrots, eggs and fried chili paste.
Time: 30 mins.
2 large eggs
⅓ cup shrimps, dried
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 ounces green beans, sliced into 1” lengths at a diagonal
1 tablespoon fried chili paste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 carrot, small, diced finely
4 cups rice, day old
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Rinse the dried shrimps under cold running tap water.
- Let them soak for several minutes in warm water.
- Drain and coarsely chop. Over moderate heat in your large frying pan or wok; heat up the vegetable oil.
- Add in the prepared dried shrimps and stir-fry for a couple of minutes, until fragrant and turn crispy.
- Remove the fried shrimps to a clean, large plate; don’t remove the oil; set aside.
- Add and fry garlic for half a minute then add the fried chili paste; give everything a good stir.
- Add green beans and carrots. Continue cooking for a couple of more minutes.
- Then add in the soy sauce and cooked rice; give everything a good stir until evenly mixed.
- Create a well in the middle of your pan using a wooden spatula.
- Crack the eggs and fold the rice onto the eggs again.
- Continue stirring for 5 more minutes, until the rice is dry and fluffy, and eggs are cooked through.
- Place the fried dried shrimps back to the pan; stir well
- Turn off the heat. Transfer the contents evenly into serving plates and serve immediately.
Originally posted 2020-05-08 22:38:35.