This classic Mee Goreng recipe is perfect for a quick meal.
Time: 20 mins.
2.5 ounces choi sum or pak choi, stems and leaves, cut into large
7 ounces firm tofu, cut into 1” thick strips
½ onion, peeled and diced
1.7 ounces bean sprouts
3.5 ounces trimmed French beans, cut into half
11 ounces egg noodles, fresh
2 teaspoons sambal oelek plus more to serve
1½ teaspoons ground coriander
2 teaspoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons thick soy sauce
A handful of iceberg lettuce, shredded
2 tablespoons groundnut oil
Lemon wedges, fresh, to serve
1 tablespoon crispy fried shallots
- Put a large pan or wok over high-heat and heat the oil until hot. Add and cook the onion for one minute, until softens.
- Add in the French beans and tofu; cook for a couple of minutes.
- As you cook; don’t forget to gently stir the ingredients; make sure that you don’t shatter the tofu.
- Put in the choy sum and cook until it wilts and then immediately add in the noodles.
- Using chopsticks or tongs; spreading them as you go inside the wok. Gently mix and cook the noodles until cooked through, for two minutes.
- Add in the soy sauce, sambal oelek, spices, bean sprouts and a few tablespoons of the cold water; toss carefully.
- Continue to cook until the noodles are somewhat soft, for a minute.
- Immediately transfer the cooked noodles into separate bowls and top each bowl with the shredded lettuce and crispy shallots. Serve with lemon wedges on side and a bowl with more of sambal.
Originally posted 2020-05-08 22:24:10.