Mee Rebus is a popular Malaysian noodles dish, very delicious and served in a spicy, potato-based gravy.
Time: 50 mins.
6-7 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 tablespoon Assam paste, seeds removed
10 potatoes, small, peeled and cut into large chunks
A packet of instant chicken curry paste
2 Knorr chicken stock cubes
1 tablespoon sugar
Salt to taste
2 to 4 fried shallots
1 spring onion
2 to 4 hardboiled eggs
Your favorite sambal
2 to 4 bean sprouts
- Prepare the egg noodles as per the directions provided by the manufacturer.
- Fill a large pot with salted water and heat it over moderate heat until starts boiling; once done carefully add the potatoes and let boil until tender.
- Drain and mash until completely smooth. Mix ⅓ cup of chicken curry paste together with potato puree in a large pot.
- Slowly add in the chicken stock or water; give everything a good stir until you get your desired consistency.
- Stir in the tamarind paste. Taste and add more of curry paste to taste.
- Let simmer approximately for half an hour. Season the dish with chicken stock cubes, sugar and salt. Serve on top of rice noodles and enjoy.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 22:26:01.