For this Malaysian vegetable curry side dish; you need to add plenty of vegetables in some coconut milk.
Time: 40 mins.
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced into rounds
2 teaspoons fresh ginger or Galangal, minced
1 teaspoon coriander, ground
2 chili peppers, sliced into rounds
2 cups of coconut milk
A piece of fresh lemongrass, only white part, minced
1 cup Napa or Chinese cabbage, chopped
1 potato, peeled and diced
2 scallions, chopped into one inch pieces
1 onion, sliced thinly
½ teaspoon turmeric
3 tablespoons oil
Pepper and salt, to taste
1 green bean, trimmed
- Over moderate heat in a large wok or saucepan; heat the oil.
- Once hot; add garlic together with ginger or galangal, lemongrass, chilies, turmeric and coriander; stir-fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the potatoes, coconut milk, carrots, onion and green beans; bring the mixture to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to low once boiling; cover and let simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the cover and stir in the scallions, cabbage, pepper and salt to taste.
- Let simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste; serve immediately with some steamed rice.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 22:12:46.