Stir-Fried Mussels with Chili, Garlic and Basil
A tasty, spicy stir-fry. Very easy to prepare and makes a great main dish.
Time: 15 mins.
3 pounds mussels, scrubbed, remove the beards
2 cups white wine
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon coriander root, chopped finely
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tablespoons sambal oelek
4 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Over moderate heat in a large wok; heat the oil until hot.
- Once done; carefully add and stir-fry the garlic together with sambal and coriander until the flavors are well blended, for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the wine and soy sauce; give everything a good stir.
- Add the mussels; stir well. Cover and let simmer until the mussel’s open, for 8 to 10 minutes; discarding any mussels that remain closed.
- The next step is to remove the wok from heat source and stir in the basil.
- Arrange the mussels in a shallow bowl or on a large platter.
- Pour the sauce over on top of them.
- Serve with a salad or steamed cooked rice.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 23:01:37.