Szechuan Noodle Salad
This healthy Noodle Salad is very nutritious and makes a pretty dish on your table.
Time: 25 mins.
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
6 ounces whole-wheat linguine or uncooked udon noodles
½ cup bottled Szechuan sauce
12 ounces broccoli florets
1 cup carrots, matchstick-cut
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
Zest of one lime, fresh
1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
Toasted sesame oil
½ cup green onions, matchstick-cut
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Salt to taste
- Prepare the noodles as per the directions mentioned on the package; without adding any oil or salt.
- Drain and rinse well with cold water; drain.
- Whisk the Szechuan sauce together with hoisin, peanut butter, fish sauce, lime juice and zest and soy sauce until completely smooth; set aside.
- Steam the broccoli florets inside a steamer basket for a couple of minutes, until just slightly tender.
- To stop the cooking process; simply plunge the pieces into the ice cold water.
- Remove and place them on paper towels to drain; drain well.
- Now, toss the florets with toasted sesame oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Feel free to add more lime juice over the top; toss to coat.
- Toss the noodles with seasoned broccoli, green onion and carrots with sauce in a separate large bowl.
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds atop. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Originally posted 2021-05-08 21:57:38.